Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Obligatory Blathering

It's pretty much obligatory to do this with the first post of a new blog. Ramble about it being the first post, that is. About why you're starting a new dealie, and why it's where it is. I'm following my studio buddy Luka, as it happens -- and hooboy, how to I make the link be over?

Still linky? No? Good. Whew, that was scary. It was like the linkness was following me home wanting to be fed. Like an enormous, stinky, friendly, toothy dog... wait, have I taken my meds today? *checks* ... Yes, it seems I have, and that means that the stinky dogness of the link that will not end is objective reality. Because if you can't trust pharmacology, what can you trust?

And now I must experiment with colored text for a while, making a rainbow of pure gayness. There isn't a very good purple, is there? I consider this an oversight. How am I supposed to bludgeon people with excessive information about my private life if I can't make a good rainbow? Blogger, get with the program! Purple is imperative!
  • Bullet points.
  • What the fuck.
  • Bullet points?
Apparently!
  1. Numbered lists as well.
  2. Waitasec.
  3. Aren't I capable of typing 3. at the beginning of a sentence
  4. without a special button for it?
And now I'm lost, I don't even know anymore how many of these buttons I'm using. The quotes and the numbered list thing are lit up and it seems all that does is indent. Reckon that'll be handy if I ever want to indent things. Okay, make it stop now...
Hm, what else can I dick around with? There's a thing up there that looks like an eraser... I'm a little scared of it, but I have to know... ooh, mouseover explanations. Right, that's 'remove formatting from selection' -- not something you can actually demonstrate in a lasting form, but at least it's not 'take out a hit on me' or something.

And finally, 'add image'. Behold.






Oh fer bizarre. I can pick it up and move it around. That's gonna be sorta handy.


All right, I think I'm done dicking around with the interface. I think a coherent post about what the hell I'm actually doing here will have to be posted separately. I think if I try to put it in here with this nonsense, the nonsense post and the coherent post will fight, and I'll have to turn the hose on them. Then my whole blog will be wet. Nobody likes a wet blog.

No comments: